Saturday, November 27, 2010

Post Turkey Ride

Black Friday presented an opportunity to get up at 4am, fight the shopping zombie hordes, and try to score some crap from the local malls. We here at IronJeep said nay, we will not conform. We went wheeling in the Jeep! Our first stop was Royal Blue for some mild rock crawling:


Next on our agenda was a little known area called Eagle Bluff overlooking the sprawling metropolis that isn't Lafollette:


For our grand finale we headed up to the upper end of Royal Blue to check out a trail at the Hatfield Knob elk viewing tower.  We rode down Overlook Trail which lived up to it's name:



And lastly here are a couple videos from the Royal Blue trail we started on:




The second one was taken by my co-pilot and step son Brandon who was in for the turkey day festivities.  Sorry it's sideways he's an IronJeep rookie:




* - No harm either real or imagined came to any Knoxville area Jeep clubs in the making of this blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Nice write up. I have some of my adventures in my Land Cruiser written up here.

    www.harleydougferguson.com

    I just did Trail 13. Started down 12 and turned around. Need more skill.

    I have been exploring in Royal Blue and now want to check out trail 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, nice blog too. Glad I'm not the only one doing this sort of thing. Give me a shout next time ya go out, I'd love to go.

    Dave@ironjeep.com

    ReplyDelete